Wednesday 25 September 2013

On the Bathroom floor


                                                 (Source:npr.org) 
As I lay here on the

Bathroom floor

Helpless

As I hold the pregnancy test

in my hand

Tears roll down the apple

of my cheeks

Alone in this

Those very moments

I discovered

I would be a mother

Eve though long gone

Is still with us

And surely I will bring you

into the world in sorrow

It shall come to pass

that I am confounded by fear

And I want to cry out

My heart wants to burst out

I’m afraid

I’ve never been so scared in my life

Then again everything we did

as we consummated

was exactly what we wanted

It was never what I intended

Expecting you so soon

My first born child

It’s too soon

It’s too soon

As I lay on the bathroom floor

Helpless

Truly I shall bring you into the world

In sorrow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment