Thursday 12 September 2013

For my Unborn Child



Motherhood comes when you least expect it

Though others plan it

For some it’s thrust upon them

Questions race through your mind

Your heart races a lot faster

And sometimes you can’t think straight

Because you’re uncertain about the future

Will you be able to give your child

the best possible life?

Can I handle birthing life?

Are my child bearing hips

strong enough?

Will I make it?

I can feel you growing in me

I know you before you even know yourself

I have named you

Before you have left my womb

You will come to know me as mother

Will you be as handsome as your father

Or will you be as beautiful as your mother?

I am yet to know you

But I love you already

And I can’t wait to see you

I am your mother

No comments:

Post a Comment