Thursday 11 July 2013

The denial of a girl raped

                               (Source:rishikajain.com)

I may not remember our first night
I can only imagine that it was beautiful
I can only imagine it didn’t hurt
When I woke up next to you
The blood trickled down my leg
The blood stained bed
The blood rush down my chest
If only I didn’t have that one last drink
But I loved you
How could I blame you?
Despite not being able to find my underwear
The headache that felt like my head would explode
I thought you’d be gentle
I thought you’d have waited for me
And not be so cold
As I curled up in a ball
On that still blood stained bed
I may not remember our first night
I can only imagine it was beautiful
And now as we walk
Hand in hand
I wonder why I still haven’t
Picked up the phone
And called the police on you
But my heart stops and says
I can only imagine it was beautiful
But hold up
Hold up, one minute
Why should I be afraid to
say I was raped
I didn’t ask to be raped
But I am still standing
I’m still here
You thought you could kill my pride
You thought you could rip my soul out
I am ME
And I was raped
So what?


No comments:

Post a Comment